May 12, 2009

Another Big Hit By Bug


Well now everyone can see Bug hit a great pitch. Unfortunately, you can also see Bug get yelled at by the first base coach because he stopped at first base when he had been told to run through to second. I think he was too excited to go any further. At any rate it was an awesome hit and I am counting down the games we have left. I am ready for a break, that is always how it goes. We are so excited for a sports season to begin to dread the nightly games as the season goes on and on and on. Mother's Day was fun, I got flowers, cards, bookmarks, handprints from Savannah, and what was left of the peppermints that Jack brought home. I think he ate most of them. We started our day off at church and finished up with a play, The Magic Treehouse Musical downtown. Tristan loved it and tried to keep telling us that this part and that part were all in his book, blah, blah, blah. And Jack kept folding himself up in his seat. And Savannah decided to eat every snack in the backpack. And I decided I needed a glass of wine at intermission. Everyone did well and we decided that the dragons and the Dancing Curse were our favorite parts. And then we came home and the kids had the nerve to ask what was for dinner. I think we had cereal, but I can't even remember, guess it wasn't too impressive! And our last news was that yesterday Tristan's second grade teacher passed away. She was sick but this was unexpected and Tristan ended up calling me in tears wanting to come home. And of course I had picked up a shift and had to tell him no. Fortunately a friend of his was able to take him home for a while. He needed to vent about it and have some extra hugs and we had big prayers last night, but he was ready for school today. That is a traumatic thing to happen to 8 year olds, fortunately, kids are highly resilient and they can process, deal with and move on without too much chaos.

No comments: