May 2, 2010

Kids Triathlon 2010




I just have to say that I couldn't have been a more proud mama than I was today. These two boys gave this race their all. I wasn't thinking that Jack was going to be very competitive about it, he had not talked about it really and was so nonchalant I was wondering if he even realized he was going to be in a race. But when he got into the pool he kicked it into high gear and was amazing. He rode the bike great and ran like a madman. Tristan was more competitive about it all and he did awesome in the pool, passing folks, the bike was his slow part (wouldn't have figured that) and then he did an amazing all out sprint for his run. They both got medals, ice cream, bagels and were so proud of themselves. Meanwhile, to get all the photos, Jaesen and I each ran about a 5K and I did mine with Savannah in my arms for a lot of it. We both were drenched with sweat by the end of the race and needed a break too! Jack came in 11th in his age group and I will have to wait for the race results to be posted online to find out where Tristan fell in his age group because the picture was too blurry to read of his race results. It was an incredible day and we literally all came home and fell asleep! Way to go boys, we are so proud of you!

No comments: